Blaugust #4: Earliest Gaming Memories

23:00 0 Comments A+ a-


I'm not 100% certain on exactly what I'd like to jot down today, so I thought why not talk about the thing I enjoy most in my free time: Video Games!  And we all have to start somewhere, right?  So I'm going to vaguely share my earliest memories with you and all that fun stuffs.  Enjoy? :D

I can't remember exactly what age I was, but when I was very young, my family owned a regular nintendo.  I remember because every time I wanted to play any kind of video game, we had to try 4-5 times to get the game to actually start to the title screen, and a few more to play the game itself.  I started with Mario and Duck Hunt, and as I grew older we got a Super Nintendo.

When I think about playing video games on the Super Nintendo, I think of a handful of games.  Spiderman, Battle Toads, Earthbound, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Lion King.  Most notable really was Earthbound, because every day after class my brother and I would race home straight off the bus to see who got to play first.  The other would have to watch until it was their turn.

Again as we grew older, we got a Nintendo 64 for Christmas.  We were ecstatic!  We got The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Golden Eye 007, and Duke Nukem: Zero Hour.  No lies, I remember listening to Britney Spears first CD as I watched my brother kill pigs and rescue strippers.  Good childhood :P

Eventually, I graduated to World of Warcraft (last year of high school). I never really managed to create a character and level them up successfully until I got my own account, and my own computer at home.  Then the real addiction started for a solid number of years.  I go back every now and then when I want to nostalgia... but yeah.  Video games.

Sorry I can't really sentence tonight, I feel like my brain is fried.  What's your most cherished video game memory from your childhood?